Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Random stuff...

This blog contains a bunch of unrelated things that have happened over the last couple of weeks that I haven't written about individually, but think you'll find interesting. Well, as interesting as anything else on Syd's blog...




First of all, I realized I hadn't added any pictures from Syd playing soccer. She's in a Monday morning class. It is a skills class. They don't actually play a game, but learn how to pass, dribble, and shoot. The coach does give them the last 5 minutes to run around and play a pretend game, but mostly they just all chase the ball and giggle a lot. This is the best part for the parents because the kids seem like they are having a real blast. Anyway, I've added some pictures above. In the first one she is dribbling the ball (she's in the red and white shirt). In the second one she is waiting in line to take a shot on goal (our neighbor Audrey is in the class and is in line just ahead of Syd). In the third and fourth pictures she is kicking the ball toward the goal (taking a shot). She actually made the second one. She seems to really like the class and is having fun. I'm not sure the YMCA is going to offer it again next session, but if they do we'll sign up again.



Second, Halloween... I realized I hadn't posted any pictures from Halloween. So, here are two that sort of came out. They are very dark, but not nearly as bad as the others I took. Sorry... Anyway, Syd was a firefighter (totally her choice). In the second one she is posing with Brody and Cade from next door. Brody is a power ranger and Cade is a skeleten. I took Syd around the neighborhood while Zack handed out candy. We went with the Pavlicas next door and the Holdcrafts across the street. It was very fun and Syd's bag was overflowing by the end. I had to carry it for her from house to house because it was too heavy for her. Again, it was a lot of fun and she had a great time.




This last picture is one that she asked me to take and add to the blog. It is her animal parade. I was doing some stuff around the house and she called me to come in and see her parade. It is very cute and she amazes me sometimes with her organization skills (OCD/scary tendencies). We don't have pictures, but other examples of this are when she's helping Zack remodel the basement and he turns around and sees wood stacked very neatly in a corner from biggest to smallest. Another example is when she's playing with the slot machine tokens in the basement and Zack finds little stacks of them in different formations. The other day she used her balance beam to line books up in a little row against the fireplace. Zack's sure we're going to wake up some morning and find crop circles in our backyard. Weird, but cool...

And finally, Zack emailed me this morning to tell me that when he dropped her off for school this morning he was getting her breakfast out for her to eat and out of the blue Syd says toMiss Amber (her teacher), "My Daddy likes privacy in the bathroom." This kid is too cute for words...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home